Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Save Your Money, Choose Another Ship

Sail Date: March 01, 2014

I have previously cruised before and found those experiences to be wonderful and memorable. I expected my trip with NCL to be similar\, but sadly\, found myself mistaken. There are a few points I'd like to address concerning the unpleasantness of the trip.

- Food quality was lacking. A number of meals in the main dining rooms and buffet were cold\, bland\, and lacking the discerning eye of a head chef. I ordered room service multiple times and each time\, the grilled cheese was simply a slice of unmelted cheese between two pieces of bread. I understand the logistics of providing unlimited food around-the-clock is challenging\, but lack of attention to basic details seriously hinders the experience of any guest on board.

- The cleanliness of the ship was less-than-ideal. This is one area which I believe is an absolute must for any modern day cruise line. The floors were littered with trash\, the sheets and towels provided were stained\, and many of the toilet facilities were greatly in need of attention. While spring break attracts a \"younger\" more \"party friendly\" crowd\, allowing one's standards to fall because of this is simply unacceptable. The risk to human health and safety is too great and NCL needs to re-evaluate their policy regarding ship cleanliness.

- The professional demeanor of guest services left much to be desired. Upon boarding\, I requested a connector for the two twin beds in our cabin; it took two days and multiple requests before anything was done. The light in the bathroom didn't work properly and\, even after multiple complaints\, I found myself tolerating a broken bathroom light. These are just a few of the unpleasant instances that detracted from the enjoyment of my cruise.

Low cost need not mean low quality. Unfortunately\, this rang true for my experience sailing on the Norwegian Sky. The ship itself is old (for a cruise ship)\, but this is no excuse to drop one's standards of quality. Had I sailed on a new

Pros: Easy embarkation and easy disembarkation

Cons: See review below

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.