Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Good Time was had By All!!!

Sail Date: October 01, 2008

The ship was recently refurbished so many of the prior problems seem to have beeen resolved although our shower head did keep falling off and the shower is small. The boat was clean but at times we did detect an odor on deck 7. I sailed The Pearl in 2/08, it is a nicer boat and I do think the food was better but I did also enjoy The Sky. The buffet does get crowded at times but we ate dinner in the restraurants and the food was very tasty. The staff is very out going and polite, they were very accomodating. I love the freestyle but I do wish there was more choices at 10pm or so..some people get hungry and it seems like everything is shut down, Our last night we did find a sports bar at the very top of the boat that did serve food at night.

Pros: The staff, especially the cruise director Matt and his staff

Cons: The restraurants,buffets & bars opened late and closed early

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

The ship is older and was not designed for freestyle but they make it work
Good variety except no Mexican
I do not have kids but I did see more than I thought would be traveling in Oct
$10 a day per person is added for tips but I still tipped beyond that as the staff was so helpful
Small bathroom
The staff truly tried to get everyone involved in activities.