Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

cleanliness of our mini suite

Sail Date: January 06, 2013

Room Type: Suite

I came home with a rash that was undoubtly caused by the soap that was in our shower. By Monday Jan. 14 I was in my Drs. office with a rash all over my body that required a cortisone shot, a cream, Triamcinolone Acetonide, and a 6 day . prescription of Methylprednisolone. By the 2nd day on our cruise the rash started and looking back it had to be the soap dispenser in the shower. I believe the attendants merely pour new soap over the old and never bother to clean the aluminium dispenser therefore alllowing bacteria to fester in there. Also, the balconly floor was dirty when we arrived and the same when we left. Also, the carpet. I stilll have a scaly rash in the palms of both hands. I did go see the nurse on the ship and she advised me to quit using the soap. I also feel the antibacterial solution they spray on your hands when you enter the buffet on the 7th floor was too strong (alcohol) and contributed to my hand rash. I also reported this to the man who brought our final bill on the morning we disembarked.

We thought the Frankie Valli show was excellent. The food on the entire ship was very good.

1 Comment