Not for kids under 3

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 17, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
Cabin Type: Suite

The staff was friendly and responsive, embarkation/disembarkation was a breeze, and the onboard entertainment was fun as usual.

The food, however, was just OK. Not as good as I became accustomed too on other NCL cruises. Also, wait times seemed significantly longer in the main dining room, even during non-peak hours.

My biggest complaint is with regard to onboard amenities for small children. Children under 3 cannot be dropped off at the Splash Academy, and the under-3 "Guppies" play room was essentially a windowless storage closet which could not comfortably fit more than two families. The children's "pool" is so small, it likewise could only accommodate a few families at a time. By the last two days at sea, my 2 1/2 year old had terrible cabin fever.

that said, if your children are over 3 years old, my almost-5 year old daughter had a blast the few times we dropped her off at the Splash Academy.

My daughter loved Splash Academy, but why does it close during dinner? Would have been nice to drop off the kids for a quiet dinner with the wife once or twice.