Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

Form over Substance

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

Room Type: Suite

The Jewel is a beautiful ship. The wood grains were awesome and the immediate greeting with Champagne was AWESOME. I thought my vacation was off to a fine start. Unfortunately, once I was in my room, the expectations were turned upside down.

My room had two inches of dust, leftover trashcans from the prior guest and only one set of towels for my husband and I. (We like to take 2 showers a day and needed more towels). We asked for additional towels and they were collected when the cabin steward came to do the turn down service. We had to ask several times for towels. I guess they were having a laundry problem and towel shortage. Maybe that's why there were no towel animals.

We preordered a cake and it was beautifully decorated. However, it appeared stale and again had no take. I was quite disappointed. The chocolate covered strawberries were very nice though.

Pros: The Ship's Decor

Cons: The Food and the Room Cleanliness

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.