Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Good First Time Cruise

Sail Date: April 03, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first cruise, but we went with family that go on cruises all the time. My family had a lot of fun, it was beautiful going to visit all the beautiful islands of the Carribean. I thought that the Cafe was great because it had such a variety of food for every meal and there was plenty of food. The food in the resturants were outstanding and not hard to get reservations at all. Some of the things that I wasn't expecting was that they didn't have a laundry mat, the pools were kind of small for that many people. The only "family pool" had the depth of five foot five. I would have perferred a much shallower end for my five year old. But overall it was a pretty good ship and my family and I had a lot of fun.

Pros: My favorite part of the cruise was all of the staff that worked on the ship. We traveled as a family and they were so friendly with my kids. My one year old daughter was seriously the queen of the ship. I had alot of fun and would definetly go on another cruise.

Cons: I didn't like the fact that there was no laundry room on the whole ship. A nine night cruise with two little ones, my cabin started to smell like a mens locker room. There was a laundry service available, but I thought the prices were outrageous.

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.