Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean

Tourist trap GALORE

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

We were on the Nowegian Dawn from December 30th through January 6th. The ship is nice\, the staff extremely courteous\, professional and kind. The food outstanding.

The company I don't have in high esteem. They tried to make every penny on anything. From touring the behind the scene facility\, overpriced drinks etc They even charge you $12. tip per person per day which doesnt go to the staff. We checked with many employees and although they seemed happy with their paycheck\, they dont get extra tips. We choose to opt out and gave tips directly to our servers and cabin maintenance personnel. its simply another way for NCL to profit. We we opted out they explained that the money goes to the staff behind the scene: chef\, maintenance personnel etc. I'm sorry but when I go to a hotel\, I don't tip the guy that cleans the pool\, the one that washes the salad etc...I tip my cleaning lady/guy\, the server.

The AC on the ship is too cold\, we were freezing all the time. Many complained about it. We are going on a trip in the tropics to be warm people! Some of us caught a cold. The AC is automatically on when the door is open on the balcony suite\, a big disappointment.

But mostly: ALL PORTS ARE TOURIST TRAPS! Everything is overpriced\, beaches\, drinks\, tours. It is at least twice a much as it is in the US. We felt we've been had on many occasions. On top of it all\, we don't get to really visit any of the country. Each port is a facade of marketing galore.

It was our last cruise.

Pros: the staff

Cons: the tenders\, the lines\, the wait\,

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

beautiful decor and tasteful decoration\, very clean\, however the AC is TOO COLD EVERYWHERE. I saw people with winter coats. The constant contrast of warm sun and freezing cold AC will trigger a cold in many.
We didn't appreciate the hour wait for the tender in Cozumel
Very good and portion controlled. The personnel is extremely polite\, helpful and well trained.
Beautiful rooms (we had one with a balcony) Quality linen\, very comfortable. However the AC is set to be on to the max when the patio door is open. We should be able to control that ourselves.
Outstanding staff. Polite\, smiling\, having fun with us\, courteous\, well trained\, clean. They seemed happy to work on the ship.