Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very disappointed. NCL Dawn .

Sail Date: February 24, 2013

I have been cruising since early 1980. This is my first experience on NCL. I had high expectations regarding NCL.(This was my 26th cruise)
To begin with the ship was delayed due to fog. This I can understand,however,the passangers were held up more then 9 hours. Many of us were standing at the port without a place to sit and no water.I know buses brought many people to the mall,but, some passangers were unable to go due to handicap conditions.
When we got on the ship (we got on about 8:00pm). We were exhausted after traveling from Georgia to Tampa. Drank the water in the cabin(were charged $6.39) did not know there was a charge. Lobster & steak was served that night in the restaurants (Most people ate at the buffet)not aware of the special dinner, Not offered again during the week. Too much Indian food..Mexican cruise? Where was the Mexican food & music? Service was not up to what I had received on other cruises. Some servers in Aqua & Venatian were ok. No one was overly friendly. Cabin Boy (room #8508) was wonderful.Very friendly and the cabin was kept great..fun with his towel animals too.
Disappointed with the shows. They were just ok!. Bollywood? Guess that went along with the Indian food. Bingo,Deal or No Deal..very overpriced. Adult show with Second City in the Spinnacker should have been ADULT only. They had to hold back alot of their humor because people choose to bring minor children there.Best tour ever in Beliz to M. Ruins & Jungle River Cruise. EVERYONE was GREAT. Just the way the whole cruise on NCL should have been.
I would rate this one step above a Carnival Cruise during spring break. Took two Carnival Cruises ..first & last. Do not think I will be cruising NCL again.
Theresa M. Urbano
Children's Programs NA.
Too pricey!
Beliz tour wonderful.Stops were very good.

Have breakfast at buffet,lunch at buffet or Aqua,dinner in dining rooms. Too expencive to eat in pay restaurants. In casino stick with the tables,slots did not pay out at all.