Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Worst cruise line

Sail Date: July 06, 2012

My daughter and I just returned from Bermuda on the NCL Dawn. This was the worst cruise line I have ever sailed on. We have taken many cruises in the past (Carnival, Disney, Royal Caribbean), but NCL by far is the bottom of the line when it comes to cruise lines. My daughter and I planned a vacation to celebrate her graduation from high school. We were booked in an oceanview cabin. When we arrived at our cabin, we could hear the people on one side of us talking, but later that day guests arrived in the cabin on the other side of us and we could clearly hear them talking. The walls were very thin. Later that night, at around 3:30am, the male guests returned to their room and decided to have a party. After the party guests left, the boys were discussing their experiences with women, in great detail (very disgusting). I called security and asked them to come speak with them. An hour later, Security arrived but didn't do anything. The next morning I went to speak to Customer Service and they said, \"we do not tolerate that kind of behavior from our guests.\" Next night, same thing. We called security and it took over an hour for them to arrive. This continued every night of our 7-night cruise.

When I returned home, I wrote a letter to customer service and told them what happened. They sent me a \"form letter\" back stating that they don't tolerate this kind of behavior. Obviously, NCL DOES tolerate this behavior because they didn't take any actions on the cruise and didn't change their policies after I complained. Not a very good experience for my young daughter to hear that kind of disgusting language from young men!

Pros: Departure from Boston

Cons: Customer service\, cabin\, food

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

The ship is very old and the cabin walls are VERY thin.
Food was bland and variety was awful. The best food item on this cruise was the chicken wings in the Blue Lagoon.
Giving one star is being very generous!
Terrible response from Security and Customer Service.
Entertainment was OK. The entire cruise consisted of different shows performed by the same performers.