Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

NEVER - NCL again

Sail Date: March 01, 2008

This was a Family Cruise where each or our three families have cruised on more than 6 cruises each and on multipliable cruise lines, the one family has two young kids and we all tried to help with them so we could do things together, This did not work out as the Kids program was a few hours on and a few off + the addition of changing the activities and times on people. I have traveled on many cruises using Carnival and have been amazed with them, I personally experienced NCL's so called Kids Programs and I would have been very irate if it was my kids.
In closing all three of our frequent cruise families agreed that we will NEVER do another NCL and if other Lines use Free Cruising they had better do like normal restaurants and take reservations and also allow walkin's as well as enlarge the seating or extended times, perhaps even mid day dinning.

Pros: The entertainment

Cons: Food in non reservation dinning

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

FREE STYLE DINNING is a rip. The only plus for us was that my brother in law had a suite and could reserve the Free style dinning for the whole week verses standing in line early am the day before to TRY to get a reservation. The Dinning still had set times and the Free style didn't start until 5:30 pm to 10 pm I found out from the people doing the booking that they plan 1.5 hours per reservation, this leaves allot of people standing in line at the normal dinning room waiting and hoping to get served. We ate at the normal dinning room three times and the last time was a supper meal and was Ok until my daughter found a bug in her rice, she was told the chef would contact her but was never contacted or approached about a compensation, which was not asked for. The reserved restaurants had
DON'T TAKE KIDS ... OR KEEP THEM WITH YOU