Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

extremely disappointed

Sail Date: August 23, 2015

I thought it would of been nice before school started to take my son on a cruise and spend some quality time together before he started high school. We both love to swim and always stay somewhere that has a pool. Unfortunately we were not able to spend time together in the pool area on the cruise because one pool was for adults only and the other was for kids only which consisted of toddlers so he did not have a pool to go in and sadly I didn't either as there was only one little pool to accommodate thousands. There was no space or room to swim. This defeated the purpose of spending quality time together considering the pool area was a hot spot and a big deal to us who would of known. However the worst part was that they put us on the 9th floor I am over 50 years old and go to bed early. I was in disbelief every night when i went to bed as it was absolutely impossible to sleep due to the extremely loud music playing directly below us on the 8th floor. I don't understand and it doesn't make sense how they could do this to someone and not tell them. They could either offer the rooms maybe $50 cheaper letting guests know they will not be able to sleep or have quiet until after 2 am or offer this floor to those that might be part of the 8th floor entertainment and not mind staying up late. Sadly, I was never able to get one night sleep as by the time it stopped I was too restless. This being said our plans each day were ruined because I was too tired to be able to do anything and head to sleep during the day. To spend $3,000 for a cruise and never be able to sleep is unacceptable. Nobody should be put on that floor without at least being told about the music playing to all hours of the morning. I was in tears by the end of the cruise as this ruined it entirely I need my sleep. This was so unfair and so disappointing. When I mentioned it to someone they said we can give you a $200 credit well that was nice though wasn't going to make up for the $3000 spent and wasted.