Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

If you like crowds...

Sail Date: June 07, 2015

I had been on cruises in the past, but I had no idea of the impact that the size/capacity of this ship was going to have on my vacation. First of all, there was not enough deck space for 4000+ passengers. Lounge chairs were squeezed into just about every square inch of the upper decks on the days at sea. Walking from one end of the ship to the other was like making your way through a maze of randomly arranged chairs, sometimes with as little as the width of your leg that you had to squeeze through. Secondly, forget the idea of using the pool while the ship was at see unless you enjoy life in a sardine can. Third, there were not enough elevators for 4,000+ passengers, and they often stopped on your floor and were stuffed to capacity. Then you had to wait for the doors to close and push the button again. Elevators often seemed to just by-pass your floor. Fourth, the food in the all inclusive restaurants was decent, but the menu was very similar every day. An additional $30 per person just seemed annoying in order to go to one of the "premium" restaurants and get the kind of food I had gotten on other cruises for nothing extra. The room and the service was good, with the exception of the disappointing size of the balcony which fit two straight chairs and a tiny table. It was better than trying to sit on the upper decks, however. Here are a couple of photos to show you what I considered overcrowded.

Cruise Photos

Way too crowded
The better food was an extra charge. $30 per person per dinner.
Room and bathroom facilities were fine. The balcony was too small, especially for the extra cost.
Horrible excursion to Horeshoe Bay. The transportation was an old dirty bus with about 30 regular seats and then about 8 seats that folded down in the aisles, which were so uncomfortable that if I had to sit on one of these on the ride back, I was taking a cab.

For example: Go to the main dining room for a relaxing, uncrowded breakfast