Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Tell like it Is

Sail Date: January 09, 2013

I took my family on the Norwegian Breakaway from NYC on a seven day cruse to Bermuda
Overall we were quite disappointed with the cruse. The ship although new, the colors, mostly brown all over the ship was quite depressing. There is no wow, factor on this ship. And the overall service was terrible or horrible. Some of the administrative staff was down right rude, and the service staff which most of them are from the Philippine are not fully trained in hospitality to deliver good service.
First after checking in my luggage I and went to my cabin, at 5:30 pm my luggage never arrived at my cabin. I called then at around 6:00 pm and told them I need my luggage, because was attending a group function at 7:30 pm. They told me they will be delivering luggage until 12:30 am. I told them the information wasn’t helpful to me. I waited until 8:00pm but my luggage never came. I went to my white collor reception with a blue jeans and a polo shirt. The following day my luggage never came I called the office again, and described my luggage to them; they told me they are still searching. I went and purchase new clothing with anticipation that my luggage will soon come. At 8:00pm the following day my luggage still hasn’t arrive at my cabin. I called again; they told me, they are still searching. I went to a reception, and on my way back around 10:30 pm in the hall way, very far away from my room I pass my luggage, after passing I then realize that the luggage look like mine, I turned back and look at the luggage and it was mine. They placed my luggage in someone else room. The following day we called around 8:30 am and asked for a clothing iron they told us we have to call back after 9:00am. We called at 9:15 am, but we never received the iron until the following day at around 4:30 pm after several phone calls. The dining room the hand sanitation policy is laps and people just walk in without sanitizing their hands; there is always a stampede during dining time. This company is definitely doing something wrong that cause this problem I have never seen this on other ships. Dining in the restaurant at dinner time is an unpleasant experience, they took so long to serve you; I saw people, total strangers across tables verbally abusing each other. This ship is a disaster with service and professional service. Over all we found the quality of guess was first timer who is very exited and over acted. I would not recommend this cruise for family, and professional people. I think this ship has a deck on the sixteen floors which they called Haven, but the people who are on the lower floors cannot go to the sixteen floors, and the staff and crew cater heavily for the people on the sixteen floors. Therefore the people on the lower floors of this ship are just fill-in. Bad situation, the shows, is the worst I have ever seen, and the cruise line subjected you to make reservation to see these shows. Therefore if you happen to like one of the shows, you will be unable to see it twice,
The casino or a bar might be more fitting for you. This ship is a poor choice for the price, I have sailed on several cruises before, including three other Norwegian Cruse ships, but Breakaway has more to do, to attract seasoned cruiser. There were several people I over heard in the elevators and dining areas that vows they will never sail again with the ship.
Nothing attractive on this ship
Food is medium service is bad
State rooms were quite okay, bath room are nice
need more training in hospitality
Small auditurium small stage no bling
Good programs for KIDS