Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Third Mate

Pay Extra and Make Reservations for Shows

Sail Date: August 18, 2013

This is my 9th NCL Cruise. This is the only one I booked online as the others were directly from NCL. Ship is big, staff is friendly. As on most cruise ships the pool is too small and you need to get a chair by 830am. NCL staff does a poor job at pool. They say they will move towels left unattended but they don't. Water park is fun and lines weren't long, especially Port days. In order to see a show you need to make reservations and I believe this can be done before the sail date. I saw one show as the others were already booked. Only shows available had a cost which is ridiculous!! Second City Comedy show is basically the same show I've seen from them on my previous cruises. Magician/Comedian was FANTASTIC. Cruise director not very good. I tried Cagney's and La Cucina and all I can say is food is borderline. Three main restaurants have same menu every night with a Chef's selection. I had dinner at the buffet most nights. Embarkation/Disembarkation is a breeze. I tried calling for upgrades from NCL prior to sail date. NCL has a policy not to offer upgrades unless you purchased DIRECTLY from them. My status a s a GOLD Latitudes member didn't help me. For this reason, This was my 9th NCL cruise and my LAST NCL Cruise.
No variety. Same menu every night.
Clean
Get used to waiting behind staff at buffet line to eat and find a seat
Comedian Hilarious, They charge for shows
Bermuda, Cheaper to do excursions at pier
New York, New York
tip the overpaid dock workers

It seems that I was always waiting behind a number of cruise staff at the buffet and in trying to find a seat. I think the staff should not eat with paying passengers. NCL disagrees with me obviously as this has been a constant on every NCL Cruise. Do the early walkoff in NYC. 730am.