Not the Holland America I remember

Noordam Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Contributor Level: Second Mate

19 Night Panama Canal Westbound (Ft. Lauderdale To Vancouver)
Sail Date: April 20, 2015
Ship: Noordam
Cabin Type: Suite

I have cruised with Holland America several times and always had a good experience. Not this time. There were multiple maintenace issues.  There was a smell of sewer gas from the toilet that was always present. Two days without hot water. Ill fitting drawers in furniture. The food was very disappointing. Very poor quality and poor service in the main dining room. Several of the servers on the Lido were rude. The bright spot were the two guys who took care of our cabin. I will definitely look at other cruise lines if I want to cruise again.