Noordam Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Third Mate

bad experience at sea

Sail Date: March 22, 2013

On the 2nd day of the cruise I was not at all well, not only did I have a case of sinusitis which I had to go to the ship doctor to get an antibiotic to help me out. As well I did notice a lot of passengers were experiencing stuffed up nose, or runny noses as well as a cough. A couple who were dining with us "Lloyd & Nickie Campbell" were infected with this flu type illness that I had. About 10-11 days into the trip my shipmate Therese Lauze came down with the same symptoms.

Let's talk about meals, breakfast was good, though the porridge was terrible, as well lunch was equally good. The dinners was another topic altogether. Whatever one had ordered be it fish, poultry, etc. was so salty one couldn't eat it.

On the positive side, your staff was always helpful. I'd like to point out that before I got help from your ship doctor, I paid $12.00 for a small bottle of regular tylenol from the small shop connected to your clothing store only to find out they were available at no cost from the medical office.

I was not well the entire trip and was disappointed. This voyage was a gift from my husband to celebrate my 70th birthday. My husband is not a well man and couldn't chance the trip. Of course he was saddened by all my troubles.

Whatever did happen at the 1st port in Spain? We had no shuttle to take us into the city and it was a long walk for a healthy person.

I would not at this time consider another cruise with your company.
Children's Programs didn't need this service

You're right, the Lido deck was good.