Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

If you like a slow pace and mediocre food, this is the cruise for you

Sail Date: October 11, 2015

My trip was nice over all, just very slow paced for me at 40 years old. I have sailed once with NCL and once with Carnival, so I am not a cruise virgin. This was my first Royal Caribbean cruise. I guess I was expecting much more since Royal Caribbean has a better reputation, and cost a little more. It was actually my least favorite.  Let me start with what I did like. The cabin was nice and the attendant kept it clean.  The staff was very friendly at all times. They showed good movies. The regular beverages were pretty good. The wedding coordinator was great. They had a great band that played Caribbean music poolside. I enjoyed that. After sunset they showed poolside movies, which I enjoyed.

Now what I didn’t like, I felt that the food was not great. It could have been a little fresher in the Windjammer cafe. My main complaint was the chicken. I know chicken to usually be cut into 4 or 5 different parts: drumsticks, thighs, breasts, wings, and backs. The chicken was always cut into chunks with bones protruding. Never did figure out which piece was which. Lol And the fruit was always soft. And the juice used for my drinks tasted a little funny, and made my stomach sick. I switched to beer. The passenger’s service desk was friendly, but they never knew about anything that happened before boarding the ship. As if they had no access to any passenger reservation information. This made the line move slow; I spent 3 hours of my trip on that slow line. The elevators were very slow and one was always out of service. I used the stairs more than I would have liked. And it seemed that most free activities were set up with the intent to sell something not just for fun. On day 5, the ship crew decided to paint the floor of one of the storage closets. He smell was unbelievable.

So if you are not too picky about your food. You don’t like to party much, and have a lot of patients to wait for things, and you like to drink. Then this is the cruise for you. That sums it up……………….