First Ever Cruise!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 28, 2015
Ship: Navigator of the Seas

Started knowing absolutely nothing and, whilst I asked people for info, I got far too little!  The whole process & experience really requires you to know how to organise it all so I learnt a lot as we went along...........   If you haven't been before, do a LOT of research before you start booking!

Ship absolutely gorgeously fitted, balcony stateroom was more than adequate for 2 of us.  Food was great & the service (from maintenance to senior staff) was outstanding!    Had some hitches with packages & gifts we'd ordered but they were profusely apologetic and resolved everything.

In reality, when all were aboard, there were too many people for us.............it was much better many went ashore.   Everything is VERY expensive & they do tend to "nickel & dime" you!   Having said that. I would definitely cruise again and would highly recommend Royal Caribbean, especially Navigator of the Seas.

I really ought to add that my Agent at United (Fallon) was extremely helpful in providing information during the booking process.........

Excellent food well presented

Didn't do many but there were a good selection

As with the activities, we didn't do many but there were a good selection

We were just a couple but there appeared to be a good selection of hings for children or all ages

Exceptionally friendly and helpful

Generally excellent, although the design meant we had to manoevre around a open space in the ship to get from our stateroom to the dining rooms...........took us a few days to get this figured out!

Cabin was adequately spacious for two, including closet & drawer space. Bathroom was small but ample space for 1 person & I was surprised at how much storage there was for toiletries. Bed was very comfortable & a dark curtain kept out any light so that didn't disturb you. Balcony was maybe a little small but there was enough space for 2 to eat brakfast out there........

Generally, do as much research as you can before you book............