Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A bit disappointed

Sail Date: January 05, 2013

We have been on several cruises, but never on Royal Caribbean so we wanted to give it a try. Our favorite has been Celebrity and others told us that RC was on a par with it. I'm sorry to say we were disappointed. The ship was beautiful and we were VERY pleased with our cabin. The crew was very friendly and we had no problem with them. It was the little things that bothered me. For instance, the towels were in awful shape; they were so rough that when I washed my face with them I got a defoliation. One day the bath towel was ragged with strings hanging off. I guess I just expected better. I also thought communication was lacking. Never could understand any announcements over the loudspeaker - either too loud or spoke too fast.
Not enough information in the daily Compass Point. One day we found out there was a barbecue at lunchtime on deck and we never knew about it, neither did any of our dinner partners. One of them saw it when they were dismantling it. This is very trivial but it surprised me that there were no chocolates on the pillow at night!! Extra charges for things were not fully explained. For example, at Johnny Rockets you had no way of knowing what you had to pay for, other than the $4.95 cover charge. It was lots of fun and a great experience, but I would have preferred knowing what I had to pay for. Was also disappointed with the selection of logo items in the shops. Too much emphasis on jewelry. My other big disappointment was the Bingo system. Never on any other ship have I seen the cost to be so high. The fact that a couple could not share a card with 6 games on it by dividing it into 3 games on each so both could play a card. It cost $33 a person to play 4 games, with sometimes a payoff of $100. This was ridiculous and we only played one time, whereas we would have played every session if it were reasonable.
All in all, we had a nice trip, but I don't think I will sail RC if I have another choice.
Beautiful ship and liked the deck layouts.
Not up to expectations.
Excellent use of space.
Everyone friendly and helpful.
We weren't very active - just relaxed.
Children's Programs Did not use.
Seemed to be plenty of choices.
Very good.Enjoy

Enjoy breakfast in the dining room - it's so relaxing, no standing in line, and you get to meet lots of new people every day.