Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A perfect sisters get away!

Sail Date: January 24, 2009

My sister in law and I recently sailed on the Navigator of the seas. This was my sister's first cruise and my 5th. I had never sailed Royal Carribean before. I was pleasantly surprized by the beauty and size of the ship. It was at least as beautiful, if not more so than other ships I had been on. The service was wonderful!! We had an inside room, which I have always had, and I think this was by far the nicest. Our room steward, Habib, was excellent, quietly friendly and provided perfect service. We booked the cruise through , which I have used 3 times now and their service, as always was wonderful, including a ship to shore call made to clarify a credit. Royal Carribean was excellent in our interactions with excursions and giving us a full credit on an excursion that did not go as planned. They were easy to work with and I was impressed with their efficient service. The food was very good. I think the buffets were the best I have ever had as far as quality and choice. The dinners were very good but I personally think Celebrity's dinners are just a notch better. Although I was impressed with the options of several appetizing low sugar/fat options at every meal as well as desserts. Everyone who had these loved them. The serving sizes were smaller than I am use to, but this is a welcomed change as there is always too much food. Our dinner service was excellent, but again I think Celebrity's dinning room service is just a touch better. Over all I would say this was an EXCELLENT cruise and we are planning to go back next year. I would strongly recommend it to anyone.

It wasn't until the last 2 days that we discovered the coffee bar was included, it was a very nice touch and one I will facilitate next time.

The prices of drinks was comperable to most drinks at home. A glass of wine being $6.25 much cheaper than celebrity! I had the most wonderful Patron Margarita!!!

This was also my first 5 night cruise as I have always done 7 nights before...and I loved it, just the right amount of time!

Pros: The quality of the ship and service

Cons: nothing

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
We enjoyed this port, loved the view of the island. Enjoyed the shopping but leave enough time to look around before you buy. They seldom post prices and everything is nogotiable so ask around a few shops before you buy. I love the coconut rum! But we did do the Tamaran excursion and had some unfortunate experiences...motor broke down and we were towed back to shore and were not able to snorkel...but we did see the falls. The ship credited us for the excursion though and we had a bit of an adventure while we were there. What I didn't like or expect was the ship board peddeling to braid or buy jewerly. A one time no wasn't enough and I did report that this was an unwelcomed nuisance we didn't expect while booking from the cruise line.
George Town, Grand Cayman
I was disappointed by this island. I have been to many other ports and have heard people talk about the beauty of this one. To be fair we did not do an excursion and I am sure there are more beautiful parts of the island but the main area around the port was unimpressive and the island less than impressive from the vessel