MSC Poesia Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I felt like I was an annoyance

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

There is a major language problem for English speaking customers and the crew seemed bothered by questions, often responding quite curtly without answers or helpful information. The staff seemed unmotivated and angry so shipboard activities (that were minimal to begin with) lacked energy and enthusiasm. Other ships have crews that are anxious to be helpful, jovial and astute at enticing customer participation in funful events they hosted while crusing along. Deck chairs were put away at 4 pm and the pools closed by 7pm

Pros: Excursions, people we met

Cons: Mediocre food, rude and unaccommodating crew.

Recommends MSC Poesia? No.

The meals were acceptable, some very good but they ran out of things too often. For instance when the milk put out for melas was gone, there was no replacemnet. One was somewhat rudely inofrmed that "no more".
Adequate, but the king bed consisted of two single units made together, which would not be too bad if they were not of different heights (by an inch or so: perceptible nonetheless). The balcony was great and is a must have.
The cabin attendants were "nice' but provided the minimum of service without any "cute" and playful extras as I have experienced on my other cruises; no cute "towel creatures" or chocolate mints on the pillows, or playful interactions.
Rude, unmotivated, angry, disdainful of customers. Poor English language skills. Distinctly felt like they were annoyed by my presence and have a general distaste for Americans/Canadians in general. Sometimes they would not answer the information/room service telephone line.
There was an unfortunate lack of pre-excursion information/orientation as to things such as the best places to go, where to avoid, how to get around. No multilingual (or any) crew accompanied customers on excursions whose guides spoke pretty well exclusively English so the German/French/etc participants were unable to understand any material (history, details, customs, etc)
Ship was very clean and pretty although there are dangerous elevations in some lounge floors where I witnessed several people trip and fall, wlthough I saw no injury other than embarrassment.