MSC Musica Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Pay for water, tea, and coffee...

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

We were surprised to learn that coffee was included only at breakfast. We had to pay for water, tea, coffee at other times. I consider this to be a contract violation because policy is not stated in original travel documents. When I called front desk to register my complaint, I was asked if I was an American. I told him that I was, and he replied that was why I expected water to be served. "Americans drink water" . It was laughable. "What do other people drink," I asked. Food was cafeteria level. Staff usually stands around talking to eachother instead of helping or serving guests. We had to constantly request table service because staff is so busy talking to eachother. Extent of constant guest smoking is offensive and unavoidable.

Pros: Ship is magnificent and spotless

Cons: Additional charge for water, tea, coffee...endless smoking allowed

Recommends MSC Musica? No.

Food and service is very poor.
Huge staff very interested in eachother. Passengers are not very important.
Very little going on.
Ship is magnificent and spotless.
Cabin is comfortable and clean.