MSC Musica Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

The worst of 4 cruises

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My 11-year old son and I just returned from our 7-day Musica cruise and we were somewhat horrified. It was my 4th his 3rd and we agree with the other reviews. There is no buffet option for dinner, no water, ice tea or snacks in between meals, breakfast and lunch buffet seemed to be conducted like a shark feeding frenzy with much pushing and shoving and cutting the lines. My son refused to join the kids club due to lack of english speakers. Despite the staff speaking english (I can speak high school Spanish) there were constant misunderstandings and miscommunications when asking for information or help. When asked where drinking cups were the response was "I don't know." When we used coffee cups instead of teeny water glasses to get water staff eyeballs rolled. No water available for drinking in between meals unless you paid for it!! We hoarded water in our own water bottles. I agree about other cruises being much more passenger friendly. My son and I basically hid in our balcony cabin unless we were in port or for meals. I've never experienced anything like this on my other 3 cruises.

Pros: The itinerary (Barcelona, Marseille, Genoa, Naples, Sicily, Tunis, Mallorca)

Cons: No dinner buffet, other guests ignoring the no smoking signs, having to pay for extras, no water other than meals

Recommends MSC Musica? No.

As I mentioned above it was rare and few that could speak english well enough to understand our request for help or information.
Not enough truly english speakers... the facilities looked somewhat babyish for an 11-year-old and the game room didn't have english instructions.
Not much to do on the ship that was free of charge... luckily we were off the boat everyday because of the incredible itinerary.