MSC Lirica Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Customer service Italian style

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

The ship is 80% English speaking yet they seem to have no-one who is proficient in English to make announcements nor write them. The food is boring and generally the same every night. The entertainers try but 5 dancers and a magician get a little old especially when the m.c. makes announcements for 15 minutes in 5 languages while hawking the spa or the shops.
Our bed was a collection of springs with a thin cover, we put 5 blankets and the bedspread on top of the bed to try to make it more comfortable. The waters were rough and the stabilizers must have been on strike. One evening I received a note under the door telling me "we are providing you with this towel for your excursion tomorrow, please return it or you will be charged 25 dollars" There was no towel so I called but no one seemed to understand that I didn't get a towel and so didn't want to be charged, they dismissed it with "see us tomorrow" or I think that is what she said because it was after 6 and no-one who could understand me was available

Pros: the ship is neat and clean

Cons: the beds, the entertainment, the food, the customer service

Recommends MSC Lirica? No.

the deck chairs are 2 positions only and the deck police will tell you where and when you can sit
Waiters were good but the food was very average especially the buffets were exactly the same for the 10 days
We were over top of the Lirica lounge and had the thumping music start at 10 and finish shaking the room at 1 am