MSC Divina Cruise Review

MSC Divina

Sail Date: July 15, 2017

Ship: MSC Divina

Review Summary

ATTENTION! All of the negative reviews are, I think down to the package you choose. Do not be put off by the Awesome MSC Divina! Just remember this one thing. THERE ARE 4300 OTHER PASSENGERS THINKING EXACTLY LIKE YOU!! So be nice, there is no need for rudeness... And I found that from, not the Europeans as expected but the Americans! If anything, skimp on the room, do you really need a balcony for a week? Or is that just to impress your social media viewers? Ok, we had a balcony (family of 4) but I have sailed on an inside before and for a week I think it's fine. Any more than a week I like a little light. But this is the room & package I received from my vacation organiser. I don't use a high street retailer. Package: Go for the Aurea Experience or above. Screw the type of room. Aurea, you are not fighting for a sun lounger on sea days. You have a private area on deck 18 I think, it is mid ship above the slide. It's extra for non Aurea passengers. Full drinks package, including the speciality coffees. A free massage for everyone in the room (we did a back to back cruise so got a free massage on both weeks ) On tendering days you get priority tickets to get off first which is helpful if you have private tour bookings. Dining: Yes breakfast is a bit chaotic as everyone is wanting breakfast so they can all disembark asap. Dining hall: we chose anytime dining and never had to wait more than 4-6 mins to be seated. We had the same waitress and front of house staff from just after the 3rd night. The waitress was just amazing. Alicia from Jamaica. That girl earns her money. We didn't bother with the other specialty restaurants... We had it in our heads to try a few on the nights we got the kids to goto the buffet but to be absolutely honest the service we got in the main dining hall we just loved it. Entertainment: If you have read other reviews, the MJ show is amazing but I'm a MJ fan and the dude can dance. The pirate show was fantastic also. Queen was poor. I'm also a Queen and Freddie fan. The rest of the shows are great and worth going. The night club on the top deck was fun. We are 41 & 46yrs ( I am the toy boy ;p) Few cocktails and prosecco and we were trying to salsa. I don't do that kind of thing at home bcos I think I'm too old to be jumping around like I did in my 20s but it was great fun to go do it. My mate was on the ship the week before me, his first cruise, basic package and hated the sea days as it was packed. Billing: Register a credit card. it's so much easier. Go down to the desk on the second day and ask for the tips/gratuities to be removed, there is zero problems with that. Internet package is reasonable. I had it for the duration. @$101 for the 2 weeks. The only problem we had was a trip, booked online with the MSC before departure. The trip was rushed, delayed, etc. I was a little disappointed so I mentioned it to the cruise excursion guy and we were awarded 10% discount. One last thing. The only place, if you are into it, If you want your passport stamped, Puerto Rico, you need to get it done in the morning. They close the office at 1400 hrs. Everywhere else was fine I heard. As we forgot to do it in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I would have no hesitation in booking again with MSC. Being my 10th cruise I still think Royal Caribbean are the worst customer service wise. But, everyone will have their own views on each company. Personally I still like Norwegian as a whole but MSC Divina is a very close 2nd. Other than that, Enjoy your cruise! And remember, it is what you make it! ArrivedercišŸš¢