Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

A week of relaxation

Sail Date: May 22, 2006

Beautiful ship - big enough to hold all 2600 passengers without feeling like you're with 2600 other people! Rooms weren't that great, but that's cruise ships.

Pros: Always finding deck chairs by the pool, lots of activities, food

Cons: Small cabins / bathrooms

Ensenada, Mexico
I'd skip the wine tour. Although the wine country is beautiful, the wine isn't that great. But, shopping in Mexico was fun.
Don't Miss: I heard La Bufadora was really something - I'd have liked to do that.
Catalina Island, California
Just walking around Avalon was fabulous! A love day - my favorite out of the three ports of call.
San Diego, California
The San Diego Zoo was a disappointment - the areas for the animals were small and sad to see.
Don't Miss: Balboa Park - go on your own and see the museums and beautiful architecture.
Catalina Island, California