A week of relaxation

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 22, 2006
Beautiful ship - big enough to hold all 2600 passengers without feeling like you're with 2600 other people! Rooms weren't that great, but that's cruise ships.
The San Diego Zoo was a disappointment - the areas for the animals were small and sad to see.
Don't Miss: Balboa Park - go on your own and see the museums and beautiful architecture.
I'd skip the wine tour. Although the wine country is beautiful, the wine isn't that great. But, shopping in Mexico was fun.
Don't Miss: I heard La Bufadora was really something - I'd have liked to do that.
Just walking around Avalon was fabulous! A love day - my favorite out of the three ports of call.

Pros: Always finding deck chairs by the pool, lots of activities, food

Cons: Small cabins / bathrooms