Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Its not an everyday experience

Sail Date: April 10, 2006

We went on a 4 day Baja California cruise. Our check in and boarding were a breeze, almost no waiting, even though we were 3 couples travelling together. We were pampered from the moment we were aboard. The crew was fun and friendly, there whenever you wanted anything without being in the way. This was the first time in @30 years my sisters and I had spent this much time together. I wondered if it would work, it did! There were things for each of us to do in port that catered to each of our very divergent interests (from kayaking to looking through art galleries and touring wineries). We then came together for dinner and spent part of the evening together getting to share our experiences of the day. Being night-owls my husband and I went for 2 am (or later) walks around the decks before heading to our stateroom. Coffee from roomservice is a wonderful way to greet the not so early morning. While my kayak loving sister left on the first shuttle to port, I took a more leisurely approach to the day. We could each enjoy according to our preferences.

Pros: Being pampered, and seeing new things

Cons: When the brewery tour was cancelled

Ensenada, Mexico
The winery tour was wonderful, and there was no concern about driving after a taste or two.
Catalina Island, California
The tile work along the waterfront walk is amazing! I want to go back and go through the Avalon Ballroom.
Catalina Island, California
San Diego, California
The history on the Old Town San Diego tour was interesting I think I would go to the zoo if I were to go again.
San Diego, California