a great time

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Helpful Vote: 1

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 22, 2008
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
I sailed on this ship about 8 or 9 years ago, and I love the size of the ship. I think the newer ones are way too big. The only down side is the bathrooms in the cabins.

Old town is a must. Balboa park. I recommend picking one and spending the day. The city tour did not give enough time at each stop. The guide was knew his material, but not really enough time to enjoy the stops.
Don't Miss: Balboa Park
Rent a golf cart and see the island. There are beautiful views of the ocean and the ship.
Don't miss Hussong's Cantina. The mariachi bands are plentiful.

Pros: Catalina Island

Cons: The bathrooms

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!