Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

a great time

Sail Date: September 22, 2008

I sailed on this ship about 8 or 9 years ago, and I love the size of the ship. I think the newer ones are way too big. The only down side is the bathrooms in the cabins.

Pros: Catalina Island

Cons: The bathrooms

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Ensenada, Mexico
Don't miss Hussong's Cantina. The mariachi bands are plentiful.
Catalina Island, California
Rent a golf cart and see the island. There are beautiful views of the ocean and the ship.
San Diego, California
Old town is a must. Balboa park. I recommend picking one and spending the day. The city tour did not give enough time at each stop. The guide was knew his material, but not really enough time to enjoy the stops.
Don't Miss: Balboa Park