Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Wonderful Cruise

Sail Date: July 28, 2008

The Monarch was beautiful and we loved the trip.I thought it would be bigger from the photos online. But it was really nice. I picked the perfect room on deck three around from the elevators so we were close to the dinning room and straight up to the buffet and pool deck!

Pros: The Foood was awesome and the staff was great!

Cons: The Teen area was not open as much as it should be and not enought things for teens to do that were age appropriate. My teenagers did not have much to do that they liked ! You should have had a smoothie bar or more video games in the Living Room area.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

It was really nice but looked bigger on the web site.
The state room was small but we all worked it out and had fun with it! The bathroom needs a little updating but it was fine!
I enjoyed all the activities I went to!
Everyone was so nice and happy all the time!
My teenagers were a liitle bored they said the teen activites were to childish! They wanted a smoothie bar or more dance events. Also the brochure said they had the Wii system but it was broken so not enough video games for down time. And the times were not good for both of them ! I havea 13 yr old and 15 yr old. And all the times were different so they could not go together! They need to schedule more things for this age.
The food was soo wonderful we had different choices every night even at the buffet! I loved Vincents dining room and all the food was the very best I could imagine! My 13 year old son only ate the pizza every day for lunch but he was happy!
Ensenada, Mexico
This is a run down city and you should go to Cabo or Rosarito instead of Ensenada.
San Diego, California
Wonderful city Ports of Call and many things to see.
Don't Miss: The USS Midway museum was awesome!!
Catalina Island, California
Great we walked around and went sight seeign even though we have been there many times we still love this port!
Don't Miss: The Taffy and Candy shop ! Also you have to have a BIG OLAF Ice Cream!