Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

A relaxing week

Sail Date: March 10, 2008

We just returned from our cruise aboard the Monarch of the Seas. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and booked two cabins...one for us and one for our daughter and her friend. It was our 3rd cruise and the first for our daughter...we had a great time. The food and service were outstanding. We were able to do what we wanted...RELAX. No rushing, just sitting on deck with a cocktail and a cigar. Our next cruise will have to be LONGER!

Pros: The food!

Cons: shower size

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The Monarch of the Seas appears to be getting a little "long in the tooth", but it was clean and served our needs well.
The stateroom was clean and small, as expected. We had a great view from our cabin. I just wish the shower was a little larger...but I knew from previous cruises that it would be cramped. We don't spend much time in the cabin.
Our waiter and asst. waiter were excellent. They were attentive and at times were proactive in anticipating our needs. I love food and was able to order a variety of "starters" and multiple main courses.
Everyone was friendly and accomodating. We were treated well everywhere we went on-board.
Catalina Island, California
Very basic shopping...seemed like every shop had the same "gifts" as the previous shop. next time I would do an excursion. Shopping in Catalina is very boring.
Ensenada, Mexico
My wife and I went on the Wine Tasting excursion in Ensenada. Our guide was very informative and we enjoyed the winery tours. I didn't realize that Mexico had much of a wine trade, but they do. It was a nice day, the bus trip wasn't too long and we enjoyed it.
San Diego, California
Basic shopping...went to Shoreline Village. Nothing too special.