A great experience

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 15, 2007
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite
This was my first cruise, so I was in awe of the size of the ship. One of the things that really stood out to me was how clean it was. For as much as they are used, I was surprised at how clean the common areas were. The staff was friendly and, for the most part, very helpful.

The food was beautifully presented, always fresh, and a great variety of items to select from. Our dinners were terrific with great service from our waiters. The option to purchase the unlimited soft drink package was really great. This purchase (approx $30 inc tax and gratuity), included a nice souvenir insulated glass. Someone took my glass while I was in the casino on the 2nd day of our trip, and my requests for a replacement were denied. I could not believe that on a trip where it seemed that you can have anything that you wanted, the replacement of such a small item was a problem. I spoke to 3 people at the bar where I purchased the package, and two people at guest relations. The only response that I got was from guest relations who said that they were going to look for my cup! I did not hear from them again. Ridiculous!

There was a wide of variety of things to do for people of all ages and interests. The singer/comedian was great.

Our dinner wait staff was the best, the staff in the dining areas were great, the stateroom attendant did an excellent job, but the guest relations staff was marginal in their dealings with me.

I was amazed that even the wooden handrail on our balcony was clean!

Clean, nice decor, and very comfortable.
We went to El Bufadora which was okay. I was not prepared for the flea market. I would not go again. We had a great lunch in Ensenada at the recommended restaurant

Pros: Everything

Cons: Issue with unlimited soda program

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!