Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

A mixed review

Sail Date: May 07, 2007

This cruise was excellent value and the destinations were interesting. I would have enjoyed more sailing time (not more than 4 hours total I would say. Also, more comfortable seating. This is more of an activities ship with plenty to do for all ages but if you just wanted to sit, relax, enjoy the view the spaces were limited and chairs uncomfortable. Ship is old and it shows. However, Royal Carribean are a great cruise line and overall I would recommend the cruise.

Pros: Friendliest crew I've ever sailed with and well trained, excellent food

Cons: Ship is old, no comfortable lounges for reading and looking at the sea

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

We went for a cheap room and have done this before so didn't expect much. However, this was one of the smallest rooms I've sailed in and it was old and dated. Like an old two star hotel room.
San Diego, California
Took a cab to the Hotel del Coronado for lunch and it was fabulous.