Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

We had the best time!!!

Sail Date: October 23, 2006

From the moment we booked the cruise until we got off the ship everything went very smoothly. We had an inside cabin, which was great for the first trip, because we hardly spent any time in the room. There is so much to do onboard, we weren't sure we wanted to get off the ship in each port. The food was wonderful. There are so many choices of places to eat. It's unbelieveable! We started each morning with the ships compass and planned our day and away we went. I am already planning my next cruise. It was the best vacation yet.

Pros: We loved the food the most - no it was the entertainment each night, no it was playing the quest game. No wait it was just relaxing by the pool. Actually, we loved the whole trip.

Cons: Getting off the ship on Friday - that was the worst - we did not want to go.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Everything was impressive. It's my first cruise so I have nothing to compare to, but if it gets better than this, I can't wait.
The food was great, we tried it all. Actually we did not get to the specialty restaurants because the main dining and buffet were great. We couldn't believe the variety that was offered.
The stateroom was small but still very comfortable. Being our first cruise we have nothing to compare to but it suited us just fine. It was clean and comfortable. Someone was cleaning it all the time but he was very sneeky - we never caught him/her in the act! It was great.
I'd have to say everyone went all out to make our trip very special. So many people, so friendly and helpful all the time. We felt like royalty.
We couldn't believe all the activities. It was great. Shows, games, something to do or watch all the time. Great intertainment. That dueling pianos - that was great!
Ensenada, Mexico
We walked around the shops for a short while. The town is not very clean and too many people following us down the sidewalks nagging us to buy something. I know that is just what Ensenada is like, but I don't like to be bugged like that. It is not relaxing shopping.
San Diego, California
We took a bike cab into the town, did a little shopping, but really wanted to get back onboard the ship and relax by the pool. Maybe next time we'll spend more time checking out the port.
Catalina Island, California
We spent a couple hours walking through the town and shopping. Then rented a golf cart and did the tour (from the map they gave us). That was great!!
Don't Miss: Next time we want to try the scuba diving.