Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

It was a good first cruise

Sail Date: September 11, 2006

The ship was nice. The staff friendly. The Waiter and the cabin help were great ! The Kids program great ! Just nothing much to do in the evening if you dont smoke, gamble or dance. The ports were good, but missed out on staying on the ship by the pool, (which was cold) and relaxing.

Pros: What I liked most was the time with family. The food on one night wasnt too good, the shows were corny, except the comedian. The kids program I used right after Dinner every night so they could have some kid fun !. They played video games, transformed into pirates and did some crafts.

Cons: I missed having a day on the ship where you are just sailing. I was on the 3rd level. It was impossible to get an elevator. Getting off the ship took 5 hours ! With 2 kids, just sitting around or standing in line, was not good. Made the whole trip less fun

It was scarry, I had a spinach salad the last night, got home sick, but luckily it was not because of the spinach
I paid for one night for the kids (ages 8 & 9) to stay till 1am. They loved it, but one fell asleep. The program was real fun for them. They were in the video so that was real cool.
San Diego, California
free trip to Sea Port village was a fun shopping experience
Catalina Island, California
rented golf carts. Take bathing suits for the kids. There is time to play on the beach, which was too hard for them not to, so they went in with all clothes on. The shopping here was fun, and try the hamburgers at the corner place with all the table, real good !
Ensenada, Mexico
Take the tour bus to the blow hole. The shopping there was truly half price than any where else. The problem is you only get 1 hour !