Mardi Gras Inaugural Cruise

Mardi Gras Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Mardi Gras

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 31, 2021

Ship: Mardi Gras

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 10341

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Even my young adult children had to say this was the best cruise we have been on. This ship is beautiful and Carnival thought of everything. We’re already looking at booking again and on the Celebration. Well done Carnival, well done!!

Embarkation

Although there were many changes to meet COVID-19 vaccination requirements, the process was efficient.

Ship experiences

It was so awesome to have so many new dining experiences. The Street Eats and Big Chicken were awesome additions. Being able to have the BBQ from Pig and Anchor for dinner was an added bonus. But I have to say Teppanyaki was by far the best addition!

The Bolt, bingo, karaoke, and Deal or No Deal was the most fun i had on a cruise in a long time. The fitness center and spa were perfect. Nice size gym with a good amount of machines and free weights.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t a big show like I am used to from other ships. But I did enjoy their live bands, the game shows and the trivia. The DJs and other performances were excellent!!!! I hope they add to their stage show programming.

Being that we were on the inaugural sailing and for this to be the first time the crew had sailed in over 16 months I am pleasantly surprised on how well they did. We did have some delays during very busy dinner times but the staff was attentive and did a great job keeping us informed during the delays. And for that we were very grateful.

Wow! Wow! Wow! The layout of the Mardi Gras is awesome! I loved how things were spaced out so crowds weren’t all in one place for meals and/or entertainment. I hope Carnival applies this layout to all future ships.

Wonderful views. Spacious for a party of two.

Ship tip

If you love new and improved this is it. Carnival really thought of everything! Be willing to try everything. There’s literally something for everyone on this ship.

Ports of call

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

San Juan, Puerto Rico

The port was so much fun. The PR welcome committee pulled out all the stops to welcome us to their island.

Port Canaveral, Florida

Disembarkation

Well organized, well managed and efficient. This was one of the easiest disembarking I’ve ever experienced.

Traveler Photos