Old & Comfy

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Majesty of the Seas

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 08, 2018

Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Cabin type: Inside

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Interior cabin was VERY small, no frig! Ship seemed a bit "long in the tooth" (that means OLD for you younguns out there!)....I heard it's going in for a "refurbishing" in Jan....It IS needed. Staff and food and entertainment were up to the usual Royal Caribbean standards. You should choose this ship if you like smaller, more intimate spaces, and you like to get to know the people and crew. I missed the Solarium and the Ice shows of the bigger ships.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Windjammer Marketplace

The usual food done exceptionally well, and the service here was better than other WJ spots I've been to on other ships. Again, I think the smaller size and passenger count prob had something to do with that, but I enjoyed my food in THIS Windjammer better than other RC ships

Sorrentos Pizza

The pizza is never the greatest, but it is always appreciated, especially late at night. I did NOT, however, like the location, at the far end of the ship a staircase above the Windjammer. Not conducive to a late night snack as it is on other ships where it is centrally located.

Schooner Bar

This is always my fave place on any Royal ship, and this one was EXCELLENT! The head bartender MATE was the best, and Pedro on the guitar was one of the best I've ever listened to!

Main Dining Room

As good as any ship, maybe better as it was so much less crowded!

Casino Royale

While smaller and "Tighter" than other ships, the casino crew were fantastic!

Day Spa and Fitness Center

As good as on any ship, with the exception of the lack of a scale to weigh myself...it was broken! SERIOUSLY?!?!?!Rami in the Spa was an EXCELLENT massuese!!!

Whirlpools

TERRIBLE.....they are called "hot tubs" but I would call them "warm baths"....no jet power to speak of....a REAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!

Ship tip

Small and intimate....not like the bigger ships at all!

Ports of call

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

Disembarkation

Traveler Photos

Fly Fishing for Tarpon with Nick Denbow!