old ship, opt for a newer ship

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Majesty of the Seas

4 Night Bahamas (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: March 16, 2015

Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Review Summary

I was so excited for this trip because I held such high expectations from my previous cruise with Carnival but was soon disappointed as we spent the first night on the ship. Bless Royal Caribbean's heart for trying but this ship needs to be retired or at least a full overhaul. The cabin hallways smell like mildew and musk. Everything was a bit outdated. Our first two stops at Nassau and Cococay were great but the night before our final stop at key west, there was an announcent that the ship was leaking oil and we wouldn't be able to stop at key west anymore and were going to head straight back to port. They did offer us $70 credit for 2 guest for the inconvenience but it is still disheartening to plan a trip and it not work out because the condition of the ship. Some positives though was the tickets were fairly cheap , $199, which I suppose applys to you get what you pay for. Staff were friendly, ship was clean, food was good, and the shows were great as well.

Ship Experiences