Bank Holiday Weekend in Dublin

Weekend Amsterdam Break

Sail Date: August 25, 2018

Ship: Magellan

Review Summary

A very pleasant and different way to spend the weekend.

Embarkation

Very good, staff very helpful

Ship Experiences

I mainly ate in the Waldorf restaurant, food and service brilliant. Sometimes ate in bistro which can be crowded at peak times but I didn't find it too bad this time.

I didn't join in this time but there was the usual games

Excellent, all staff very friendly and professional. Many remembered me from when I was on last month and treated me like a long lost friend!

As a solo traveller I don't mind a small cabin but was pleasantly surprised to find I had quite a big one, bed was very comfortable, there was more than enough space and storage room, I didn't have much luggage being only on for weekend, but it was more than enough for me. Cabin steward kept it very clean and tidy.

i love sailing with Cruise and Maritime Voyages and I love Magellan but I've often see. Negative reviews about them. I have never had a bad experience in five cruises. My advice is don't take any notice of any reviews try it and make your mind up.

Ports Of Call

Liverpool, England

Only used this port for embarkation, but as rode through from station, it looked like it is well worth a visit with lots to see.

Dublin, Ireland

I always love to visit Dublin. Had a very enjoyable trip round the city despite the rain! There is plenty to see and even though it was Sunday and a catholic country after about 10 am everything was open. So there was as much to see and do as on any other day. Shuttle bus had a bit of problem getting to city, but that was because of a changed road closure at short notice.

Bristol Avonmouth

Only used this for disembarkation, but once again looks like a city with plenty to do and see.

Disembarkation

Traveler Photos

My cabin River Liffey Tour bus City centre City centre Molly malone City Trinity college Trinity college