Maasdam Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

The worst one so far

Sail Date: June 25, 2011

The room was adequate. The food was mostly Indonesian. I am a Type 1 diabetic and could not eat most of what they presented because of the sugar content. The meals in the dining room were the most disappointing....list lasagna, pot roast, turkey. I can have those at home. The deserts offered for sugar free was vanilla ice cream and they put on top a small square wafer. I ate it and my blood sugar went up to 420. Dangerous for me. The only non-sugar breakfast was a corn muffin every day.....yuck! I actually lost 3 pounds on the trip. The music and shows were also Indonesian. The best one was with the orchestra and singers and another night a magician. The lobster tail was not from Canada and the only desert was baked Alaska.....again dangerous for me. I would not cruise with Holland America again. We have been on Princess, Royal Caribbean, Costa, Celebrity and have not had a problem like this. The best part was the city tours and we did enjoy them.

Pros: The tours at the ports

Cons: The food

Recommends Maasdam? No.

Halifax, Nova Scotia
We took a city tour and it was interesting
Quebec City, Quebec
The tour guide was good and had a lot of information
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Took the 7 hour Cabot Trail tour. Excellent. Tour guide was excellent
Don't Miss: Keltic Lodge lunch was wonderful.
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
We took the Peggy's Cove tour. Had visited here before but still enjoyed it. Good tour guide