Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

my recent cruise review

Sail Date: December 06, 2014

The Liberty of the seas, Royal Carribean is a large, clean and beautiful ship.However, if walking distances is a problem try to book at the mid-ship or front of ship for cabins.  The walking was quite distant and it seemed everything we needed to go to was always at the other end of the ship. THE SHOWS were spectacular every night ,especially Saturday Night Fever.show on the last night. Dining in the dining room was slow attendance I believe to too many tables to wait on. Food was not above average just o.k. Cabin service was good. We are in our 80's and this ship was geared to a younger group. Rock climbing, ice skating, etc.I would have enjoyed more daytime instrucional classes on days of cruising. We should have listened to the director telling us to shop at stores approved.  That's hard to do when each storekeeper begs you to come in for special deals. I bought something they claimed was diamond pendant got a certificate for such. My daughter bought  diamond studs and checked it out with other merchants to find they were cz's. Returned them and I did so also. I would have been out $500.00. I'm keeping an open eye on my credit card for cancellation. We did a land tourin Belize.Interesting. Did not want to do so in Cozumel. I will not return to either ot these ports again. If you want to see ruins or local merchandise, all the carribean ports are the same.We enjoyed our 5 night vacation because it was a family get together for 7 of us, and cruising is an easy way to enjoy. One family member could not attend and I am waiting for the insurance rebate. His non-attendance changed the cost of the room considerably and nullified a rebate on room credit.