Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

Liberty of the Seas is a Great Ship

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall impression is very good. I like four and five star facilities, so I am picky. The ship looked new, clean and impressive. We had a balcony, and I highly recommend paying for gives extra space and adds to the experience. We had two children with us, the coach was turned into a double bed each evening and was quite comfortable. I beleive we paid a bit extra for an extra 20 square feet and the assurance of a pull out. The room was very comforatble and there was plenty of space for our clothes (we had five suitcases)!.

Pros: The ship is excellent. Staff as well. New, Clean, Professional.

Cons: Windjammer buffet. Costa Maya and Belize ports of call.

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!

The buffet in the windjammer was mediocre, as were the sit down lunches. The dinners were very good, not "WOW", but no complaints. (again, I am a tough critic). We had My Time dining and it worked out great. Missed the traditional grand buffet presentations with flowers and ice could tell they were cutting back on "the touches" and excess.
My girls opted not to participate in the programs, as it appeared that they were combining all ages 12 through 17. (they are usually broken out 12-14, and 14-17). The staff seemed friendly. The schedule ran very late for 12 to 14 year olds (many things started at 10PM)
very nice. Clean. Enough room so that we didn't feel cramped. We had an extra 20 square feet and a balcony. I contemplated whether to spend the extra on a balcony, as I knew we wouldn't be in our room that often...SO GLAD I splurged...definately adds to the experience.
Our staterom attendent made out trip. Selwyn was so kind, thoughtful and attentive. We had a couple of special requests, if at all possible...and he went out of his way to accomodate. He loved spoiling our girls with towel animals and special hellos. The My Time reservation manager and the hostess of the dining room were also "above and beyond". All dining staff were extremely attentive and friendly.
Very good. The ice show was AMAZING!