Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Bigger was definitely better in our opinion

Sail Date: November 05, 2016

Reviewed: 27 days ago

My 16 year old son and I went on this cruise together to check out the newest and largest cruise ship in the world. We booked it 18 mos in advance. This was my 11th cruise and 3rd with Royal Caribbean. My son has been on 5 cruises and it was his 3rd with RC as well. Our only port on this 3-night itinerary was Nassau, Bahamas.

We loved all all aspects of the ship and cruise. We saw 3 shows, which were the ice skating show (1887), Grease, and The Fine Line show st the amazing aqua theatre. The shows were top notch. We enjoyed the flow rider, Ultimate Abyss slide, zip line, and my son tried the water slides. All were enjoyable. We also attended a trivia contest in Schooners one morning.

With only 3 days on Harmony we did our best to explore as many areas that we could. On the day we boarded we grabbed a delicious slice of pizza from Sorrento's while walking through the Promenade then had another little bite to eat at the Solarium Bistro. We ate dinner in Grande (anytime dining) at the main dining room all 3 evenings. We found the food better on Harmony than our prior RC cruises. Each night we had a different menu to choose from. For breakfast we tried Johnny Rockets on Boardwalk once, Windjammer once, and the Park Cafe in Central Park once also. They were all good. Since it was a short cruise we decided not to try any specialty restaurants. We usually do on 7-night cruises, however. We heard from other passengers that Jamie's Italian was outstanding. We did not use room service this time. Other lunches included Johnny Rockets where we used our free lunch for booking a boardwalk balcony stateroom and another lunch at the Solarium Bistro after our afternoon in Nassau.

We spent time on our sea day at the Sports Pool and at the Solarium. The hot tubs were all clean and comfortable. We especially liked the large ones that cantilever. Nice view! Loungers were plentiful and easy to find. RC had s crew member watching over the adult pool to ensure kids under 16 did not go in. It was nice to see rules enforced.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. We felt there was plenty of storage space between the closets and drawers. My suitcase easily fit under the bed. Everything worked perfectly fine. We had a fridge but never used it.  The couch was large and comfortable.

The technology was really great great on the ship. You now just tap your card in front of the reader on the door instead of swiping. You check into shows you have reservations for with the card and the ship photographers now enter your room number into their camera then you go to the photo area and order the ones you like from a computer. No more having to thumb through or eyeball everyone else's prints to find your own. Nice! One day my card would not work to open my stateroom door. Luckily my son's Wow Band worked fine so I took a trip to Huest Services where they quickly made me a new one.

Disembarking went smoothly. We found our luggage quickly and there were plenty of taxis available to drive us to the airport.

In Nassau we did not book an excursion. We wanted to leave our day open ended so we could return to the ship when we felt like it. We walked to the Querns Staircase and Fort  Fincastle. Great views of the ships and Atlantis from the fort. Getting off and on the ship in Nassau went seamless and no lines at all during the times we passed through.

Overall we we really had a fantastic 3-day journey on Harmony and would book her again. We look forward to doing something similar when the next ship comes to the US. The ship was completely sold out and the only time it felt crowded was  during the safety drill.

On embarkation day if the Windjammer is crowded walk up to the Solarium Bistro. Great selection and no wait time.