Luxury Mattress?? I don't think so.

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (Baltimore Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 06, 2015
Ship: Grandeur of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite

We went on a 10-day Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore. The cruise itself was great. The problem was the bed. We booked a Junior Suite (room 8558). We found the room spacious and there was TONS of storage. The bed, however, was absolutely the most miserable bed I have ever slept in. One of the benefits of staying in a junior suite is supposedly a "luxury" mattress.  This bed was HARD. I don't mean firm, I mean downright hard. To give you an idea of how hard: I am a side-sleeper - I actually had bruises on my hips from this bed, and I had to take ibuprofen every single day for my aching body. My husband, who can sleep anywhere, was also miserable on this mattress. Come on RCI, put a little money into your mattresses--or at least stop touting them as luxury mattresses. They suck. Oh, and there was a rattling noise in the room that started on about the 7th day. We looked all over to find it. It seemed to be near the balcony window, but we never found it.

On a positive note, George, our room attendant was awesome. He kept our room so clean. The food was great, the staff was incredibly friendly.

The food was great. There was a large variety to choose from.

George, the cabin attendant. He was the best. He kept our room so clean and tidy. He made the cutest towel animals.

It was a beautiful ship.

Aside from the most uncomfortable bed in the world, the cabin was amazing. Lots and lots of storage.

If you tend to get seasick, you may want to consider a larger ship. I had minor seasickness on the 2nd and 9th day. There is soft serve ice cream outside the Windjammer Cafe every day.