Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A Little Disappointed

Sail Date: July 01, 2010

This is the second time I have been on this ship and, Imust say, things have changed. First of all, when I checked in my bags at the curb, I was told "everything would be taken care of." Five hours later, my luggage had still not arrived at my stateroom door. I was told to go to the Purser, and there they were. When I asked for some assistance, I was told it would be another two to three hours before they could find someone to take them up to my room. So, I did it, as I sported a sling. The next was at the solarium. It clearly states, no children under 16. Well, no one paid attention to the sign, not the parents who wanted some breathing room from the already congested pool outside nor did the pool attendant. Many people voiced their complaint about kids being in the pool and after the second day, the pool attendant was more vigilant. Finally, after complaining that I had made reservations to eat quietly with my wife, at a table for 2, with my travel agent, I was seated at a table for 12. When I complained, they remedied the problem by placing me and my wife at a table directly under the stairs. Was a little disappointed at the treatment from those in charge, however, the Windjammer restaurant was much better. The staff, the food and the sunsets were worth it. Shape up the little things.

Pros: The service in the Windjammer

Cons: The Dinning Room

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.

Eat at the Windjammer, you don't need to dress up and the sunsets are breathtakimg.
In the dinning room...head waiter very rude.