Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not so good

Sail Date: January 17, 2008

Just returned from 1/17 sailing. Ship alittle old. We had a balcony room and it was very tiny. Only 1 person could pass between the foot of the bed and wall. Breakfast very good. Lots of choices,omelettes,etc. Lunch also good. Sit down dinner was poor. I had shrimp-just ok. My husband had steak- he was unhappy with the quality of meat. No prime rib,lobster tails,etc. We did not do formal dinner. We did do a poolside buffet with chicken and ribs which was ok until we saw a 2 inch cockroach under the table by our feet.Gross!!! I know they exist but do not want to see them while I am having dinner. Stop in Key west was fun but too short. While we were in port in Cozumel, my mother who has emphysema stayed in her room. She said while we were gone they came in and "sprayed" the rooms with a awlful smelling solution and was asked to step out of the room while they sprayed. I can only assume that this was for the cockroaches. The kids club was great and they really took good care of my daughter. Will I go on another Royal Carribean cruise--No.

Pros: kids club

Cons: cockroaches

Recommends Grandeur of the Seas? No.