Incubus for germs and horrible food...
Golden Princess Cruise Review to Mexico
Sail Date: October 18, 2013
Ship: Golden Princess
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: GUAR
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 3 years ago
One of the worst experiences of my life. The ship looks fine and dandy but it is all some sort of trick.
1) The food tastes worse than the Hospital. It is truely garbadge food made to look pretty but made about one day before and overly salted. Part of the scam is the restaurants still charge you to eat, not all of them are just "walk over and eat this crap to your hearts delight" all the half way decent places charge $25 per person.
Another scam is some restaurants don't allow anytime dining. I was really hoping for some good food. Even the Pizza place tasted like chucky cheese.
2) This whole cruise was based on propaganda of selling and merchandising every imaginable piece of crap thing in the world. Every has a TV in their room with like only 20 channels and 8 of them are selling you bullshit that is overpriced by a phalanx of idiots constantly telling you " it's duty free" Well if you double the price on a decent shirt and say "it's tax free" they are making hand over fist over the suckers who get tricked into this scam. Everytime almost everyday the restaurants are closed in order to turn them into flea markets for junk.
3) Their is no entertainment except some people who tell jokes. Now comes the good part: Don't even think about thinking you can bring a Pad or laptop...the internet for 100 minutes is $199.00!!!!!!!! What a fucking scam that they charge for this shit??? I guess just go to the library on the ship to get information...all you can do is read a book.
4) For whatever reason they water down the outside decks, which have carpets that are soaked in. The cold air from the sea causes this flooring to mildew, which breaths into the matress of the plastic chair your sitting in. All of the mattresses are wet, so after a time you get sick.
5) The ship is not non-smoking. Most people just light up anywhere, so it does smell like old Las Vegas.
6) Ice Tea and Sodas of all types are not free. They make you pay $4.00 a day to carry some tumbler around like an idiot. The original listing says pretty much drinks like this were free, but they call soda "speciality drinks" you got to be kidding me.The cost of Iced Tea or coffee is free only in the buffet. You need to constantly walk like some bastard back and forth from the Midship to get these drinks.
7) The architecture of the building is planned like a Vegas Casino. You might figure the decks could run from the front to back of the ship. NO. You need to always take stairs up or down twice to get back on the same level. The elevators are planned to be used to bring people from lower decks to the upper decks. Many of the got XX which means out of order. The rinky dink ship forces you to always walk by some store where they got people selling crap on tables. These people just ramble on " duty free goods" as you walk by.
8) They dont really have Poker.... they can't make money on that shit so they put up ONE table that is always full and is electronic. Of course, they got plenty of idiots working the ONE crap table and many house odds games like Carribean this or that, Blackjack, and lots of slots. Gambling is not open the first day. Of course everyone wants to play poker and half the people just wait all day for a chance to play. YOu figure they just put up other tables and run a dealer with real cards, but no.
9) Eating on the last night must be when they put up all the food nobody wanted before. Got food poisining from the Chippino seafood soup from Bellini's and threw up violently the last morning before disemberking. No i don't drink Alcohol so that wasn't the reason. All the cheap people even went to the buffet at the last minute, bringing up plates of food while disembarking...what cheap bastards!!!. It looked like something a supermarket would face after the end of the world. Most of these people were Philipino BTW.
10) You can' use cash. Instead you must register a credit card. The trip to Ensenada was a scam too. Do not book with the ship!! Once you get to Ensenada all the various trips to go Horseback riding, etc are less than half price from quoted prices of the ship. Ensenada is basically Tijuana Jr. ...a real crappy town. Watch over your shoulder or the Cartel might kidnap you. It is that seedy. I would rather just go to Catalina instead...One word: they always take you to some flea market one hour drive farther than the REAL activity you wanted to do. This is another Merchandising scam that you must endure.The food in Ensenada is akin to Taco Bell only worse...
11) When you get off the ship you can't just leave... you leave in groups and the lines are very long. Also, you will pay $38.00 for parking for the 3 day trip. Should have stayed on the USS Iowa instead..probably better food and you wont get sick. It took me three days to recuperate from this trip.
I don't know how Carvival does a similiar trip, but Princess Cruises is the worst of the worst.. Cabin B645
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Avoid this ship by all means. $400 per person for 3 nights is still not worth the trouble.