Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Short and sweet!!!

Sail Date: April 19, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was my 3rd cruise, but 1st with Royal Caribbean. The NJ dock area where we boarded our ship was a bit rough around the edges and could use some sprucing up.The boarding reminded me more of an immagration to America experience than a start of a luxury vacation.  I certainly didn't expect to drop an extra $95 on parking. Thankfully it didn't last very long. The Explorer of the Seas is a beautiful ship with all the amenities and then some. Unfortunately the weather/seas/winds were very rough causing quite a bit of difficulty for many passengers on board and closing a few amenities on the upper part of the ship. Even so, the RC ship's crew, staff, service, etc. were warm and courteous, bending over backwards to attempt to meet every need. The food on board was excelent and the portions just right. Despite the weather there was lots to do on board. We thoroughly enjoyed our time both on board the ship and off in Bermuda.  In general, my 2 daughters and I had a very nice time.The only thing I might reconsider in the future is going further south at this time of year to avoid the inclement weather.