Not Really a Non Smoking Ship

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bermuda (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 27, 2013
Ship: Explorer of the Seas

First off, the food is outstanding. The service that presents the food is even better. Do yourself a favor, just order all of the appetizers from the beginning.  You'll thank me later. The entertainment is top notch. The rooms, the furnishings, all of it it is exceptional.Except.

Except if you are highly reactive to cigarrette smoke and have done a lot of research to make sure that you have secured a non smoking room, you haven't.  Not if it has a balcony, you haven't.  The first room that I had, I had chosen specifically because I knew that it would give me a view of the Statue of Liberty.  The guy smoking cigars next ddor must have done the same.  No matter that we were in a no smoking room, with a no smoking section.  My complaints were first poo pooed, and then I was given the choice to move. Not the smoker, me! So I chose the other room, received a crappy bottle of screw top wine as an apology and still couldn't use my balcony in the new room with the sub standard view because, you guessed it! Another hog smoker on the balcony next to me. Royal Carribean has outstanding service and beautiful furnishings, but they are not non smoker friendly.Don't sail with them if you have asthma.

it should be excellent here

full of the smoker next door's smoke

get all of the appetizers from the beginning