Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

Cruisning first for a non-cruiser

Sail Date: October 06, 2013

While I found extended time at sea difficult to deal with while wanting big time hours at my Bermuda destination, it's easy to see why some people become true 'cruisers. There is more to do thatn one could imagine, though for me, 'reality based' entertainment is not my thing. The pubs, and football TV is goodly, and the pools and hot tubs are great. Even just tanning on the deck near the pool bars is great, too.

I just want to be at my destination faster than a true cruise is going to get you there. Now that gambling will be allowed at the ports in Bermuda, maybe the ships will speed up the the trips so folks who want to explore the island can do so, while the others can stay on board if that's their thing/

Needs to be refurbished
Food quality excellent
Great room/cabin even in 'steerage'
Too much staff in the crowded areas in the way
Reality based things have their limits
Children's Programs NA
Onboard Activities Many, but not my thing in many cases
Excursions are great, but we need to get there soon enuf to use'em all
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
If you don't drive to it, it is impossible to make decent connections; Sundays are plain unavaible via public transit
King's Wharf, Bermuda Use Snorkel Bay Beach if you just want some beach time nearby....otherwise take the bus to the excellent but distant supper beaches

Look for alternate elevator lobbies to the port and starboard sides. Some don't run as frequently and you just go to the other alcove to get one.
Make sure to see rge Royal Caribbean dancers and singers show and the Ice Show.
Plan ahead and get your excursions off the ship lined up..This is a must.