Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Bermuda

I expected better from Royal Caribbean!

Sail Date: August 27, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Since I spent a great deal of money on this cruise for myself and my family, I was expecting the same quality of service that i had received in years past from Royal Carribean. My dining experience was horrible!!!! My 11-year future grandson was wearing Bermuda shorts and a very nice collared shirt and was not allowed into the dining room at dinner time because I was told they had a dress policy. Unfortunately, there was no written material stating such policy neither before we got on the ship nor during our 5-day cruise to Bermuda. So, my future daughter-in-law failed to pack pants for the boy. This would not have been so bad except that the 15 year old girl that was assigned to our table was allowed into the dining room with cut-off jeans that stopped just below her crotch. When I asked why she was permitted to wear such attire, I was told that girls were permitted to wear shorts....which leaves me wondering why an 11-year old boy's calfs are more offensive that an 15-year old girl's entire leg. Although I went to guest services, they were of no help and I was again told about the "dress code." Something is wrong here. I hate using the word "discrimination" but there is no other word that better describes this situation. My entire cruise was ruined as we were forced to eat dinner at the buffet every day and while i was looking for a relaxing vacation, instead I was made to lose my temper. I was one of your best supporters. That is no longer the case.

Pros: Room Accommodations

Cons: Dress Code in Dining Room

Recommends Explorer of the Seas? No.

King's Wharf, Bermuda